In this episode of the course, we will do our first recordings of FM Leads and learn how to process them with the use of insert effects like Delays, and Phasers. We also choose a scale for our track and write our first melodic part. Furthermore, we also make use of compressors and other tools to create a dynamic sounding scape for our track.
You will need the following Plugins for the first episode of the course:
- Ping Pong Delay (Steinberg)
- Supa Phaser
- Virus TI Plugin or another subtractive Synthesizer (for example Rob Papen`s Albino 3 or Xfer`s Serum
- Fabfilter Pro Q 2
- Steinberg Compressor (or similar compressor)
- Steinberg`s Roomworks (or similar Reverb Plugin)
You will also need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). Many of the techniques shown in the video are working in most DAWs available. For a maximum learning effect, I recommend Steinberg Cubase.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How to write a Melody (Scales: Minor and Diminished)
- How to make use of heavy compression on FX samples
- We will choose a scale for our track in this episode
- FM Lead effects usage: We work with Delay, Phaser, EQs, and Compressor to achieve a dynamic arrangement of our recorded lead sound
- How to use insert effects
- Duration: 29 minutes
- Language: English
- Digital Audio Workstation(DAW) used: Cubase 8
- Video File Size: 278 MB
- Video Resolution: 1920X1080 (1080p)
- Includes the original project data from the project in the video included as a download
This lesson is part of a full all-encompassing course that takes you on the journey of producing a Hitech trance track from start to finish.
Audio Preview of Episode 4: